- 3 Cups Washing Soda (similar to baking soda; look for it near laundry products at the supermarket)
- 3 Cups Borax
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1 Bar of Castile Soap (Olive Oil Based)
- Essential Oil are optional
Other Supplies Needed:
- Cheese grater for grating soap
- Container for storing powder detergent
- Grate the bar of soap into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the washing soda, borax, and baking soda. Mix well to get rid of clumps. Add the essential oils if desired. Mix them into the powder well to avoid clumping.
- Add the grated soap and mix ingredients together.
- Store detergent in a half-gallon mason jar or other well-sealed container. Use approximating 2 to 4 heaping tablespoons per load of laundry.